Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Peach Bridal Garter

Hey guys! I know, it's been a while since I posted anything. Truth is, I haven't been creating much. Partially because I have been lazy and uncreative. But, mostly because, up until this week, the weather here has been perfect for gardening. I have been working on my garden and taking care of my plumeria and also trying my hand at growing veggies. I totally love it, by the way!! But that's not what this post is about. 

Today, I want to show you a set of bridal garters I made.

As usual, I wanted to try something new. I get bored making the same things over and over. 

I decided to go with a satin white, with peach accents.

A side note, for all you brides out there, peach is a tough color to find in your local craft stores. Especially if you want double sided satin ribbon. Seriously had a helluva time finding some. Finally found the narrow ribbon at Micheals Craft store. It was the only peach they had. Not even kidding..it was the only roll.


Since I had such a hard time finding peach, I was going to bling up the whole thing. I bought a Tulip Glam-it-up tool and crystals to do the job. Only to realize, late in the evening, I did not have the correct batteries. ugh... ok.. that idea is out. 


On to the next idea. I dug thru some of my odds and ends ribbon flowers and found 2 peach flowers..what?!! The color was on point! I was stoked! They were perfect..almost. They were the standard flowers you can find in packs, satin ribbon with a beaded center. I wasn't much of a fan of the beads in the center, so I cut them out and added a crystal button center. Much better. Plus, it added the bling I was hoping to incorporate. 

A simple white bow and some peach ribbon accents and voila! Finished and lovely. 

Although this wasn't my original plan, I really love the way it turned out. It's very classic chic and so soft to the touch. I hope the bride loves it as much as I do. 










No comments:

Post a Comment