Monday, March 7, 2016

Adventures in Embroidery

So, about a year and a half ago, I got this really cool embroidery machine. I bought the Designer Ruby by Husqvarna Viking. It is a pretty awesome machine. I also got the software to go with it. TruE Elite for Mac.

 Now, I'm not huge into cutesy embroidery images, but I was pretty excited about this machine and all the cool things it could do. Seriously, with the software, this thing is practically limitless.

 I also got a pretty awesome deal on it as it was a 1st generation model and they were releasing the 3rd generation at the time.

I already loved my Viking Tribute, so I knew I would love this machine too. And I do. But...the learning curve is huge on these types of machines, not to mention the software. 

Basically, I have no clue what I am doing. So much so, that I still have not embroidered on an actual project. It sucks because this machine has so much to offer and I haven't even scratched the surface of its awesomeness. 

That is all going to change. I have challenged myself to learn this machine and the software. With the help of my super awesome husband, we started playing.

This is the first embroidery image that I got online and was able to stitch out. 

Got it from urbanthreads.com. Seriously, cool site for embroidery images. Especially if you are like me and don't get all excited with the "normal" images.





It was going so well.....and then the thread spool got caught. You can see the problem on the T and H of threadster. 

I was kinda bummed, but it was a lesson learned, and that is what this challenge is all about.

I'll keep you posted on my progress. It can only get better from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment