Monday, February 29, 2016

Monochrome Blue Quilt Top

Sometimes you buy fabric and you think you love it. Sometimes you really do. Sometimes not so much. The latter would be the case with my blue monochromatic batik layer cake. Seriously, loved it when I bought it. But then, at some point, I just didn't. It sat for in my stash for a while before I decided to hack into it.  Last year, I was in a creative funk that I was trying to get out of. I needed to do something, but didn't have the creative mojo to get into anything really crazy. I just needed to sew. Needed desperately to get back into the swing of things. I have learned, from experience, to keep things simple. So, I decided it was time to open up the layer cake. 

I got to work cutting and sewing simple blocks. Got them all done....

Hated them.

They sat in a drawer for months. And they would still be sitting there if I wasn't to lazy to go to the quilt store. (I hate shopping, even for stuff I like, actually, I just hate leaving the house, LOL) But, alas, I got this quilt top together, and guess what? I don't hate it. I actually like it. Once it was together, I was inspired by it.



This is one of those times where it payed off to continue working on a project I wasn't to crazy about. I'm glad I got it together. 

Now, my plan is to add orange and yellow flowers (or circles) to the top. They will be appliquéd on and possibly with my embroidery machine. :)

I'm excited to see where this project will go and I'm glad I stuck it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment