Monday, February 1, 2016

Poodle Skirt

Of all the things I have made, a garment for myself has never been one of them. I don't know why, maybe I get bored with patterns, maybe I just don't know what fabric to use, or maybe garments intimidate me. 

But anyway, Halloween was approaching and we needed costumes, so I decided to try my hand at a simple circle skirt. I found the instructions on wikihow and decided to jump in. 

The instructions were pretty simple to follow.

Cut a big circle, and then a smaller circle in the center. Then add wide elastic. I added an iron on poodle patch and ribbon leash. 

(so, I totally burned the poodle when I ironed it without a pressing cloth. note to self, use a pressing cloth)

Seriously easy to make. Since it was made out of felt, I didn't have to hem the bottom either.


My handsome greaser and me!



My adorable costumed family!! My greaser and me, Steve from minecraft and my little flapper girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment