Tuesday, September 22, 2015

My New Obsession


Every year, around the spring, I get this major urge to plant things. Living things. Living green things. Living green things that I always manage to kill within a month. It's a sad vicious cycle. 

The good news is, I'm getting better. This past spring we landscaped out entire backyard. We added a retaining wall, tons of plants and rock. It is now fall and most of the plants have not only survived, but have thrived. Most....there were a few casualties, but I'm pretty sure the dogs killed them. Yea.. the dogs. Anyway. On to my new obsession.

Plumerias!!! 

I first fell in love with plumerias in Hawaii almost 2 years ago. They are big, beautiful, tropical plants that produce the most lovely and wonderfully scented flowers. 

I didn't think they could grow here in our desert climate, but I was wrong. In my searching, I have come across many plumeria lovers in my area. They have wonderful success with these awesome plants. It seems they are also addicted to them and can't get enough. I'll tell ya, this obsession runs deep with many. I am just it's most recent victim.

Here are my first 3 plumerias.



They are all pretty small right now, but hopefully they will grow and turn into the huge wonderful trees I love. 

I found these 3 at Lowes. 


We have Divine!


Pink Rainbow!


And Incognito!

These are such a welcome addition to my garden and I really hope I can keep them alive. (My darling husband won't let me buy anymore until I prove I can)

I will keep you posted on their progress. I know they will go dormant in the winter, so the spring will be the real test.








No comments:

Post a Comment