Saturday, August 29, 2015

Sewing Room Remix

I have to be honest and tell you, my sewing room isn't complete yet. 

It isn't, but it has come a long way. 

I think everyone who has a crafting/sewing room is constantly working on it. I haven't met anyone who has it exactly how they want it. I guess, just like our art, it is a constant work in progress.

We started with painting the boring white walls and taking down the closet doors. 

Seriously!! Look at those windows!



I know you can hardly see them, but the framed items above the closet, are cross stitch pieces I made  for each of my children. They are a little to old to have them in their rooms, so I added them to my room.


These smaller Ikea desks are a perfect fit. We ended up purchasing 3 desktops, 2 smaller ones, and 1 longer desk. We also needed 9 legs and we used the Ikea drawer system too.

I was a little worried about the narrower desks, but they are working perfectly. Plus, they give much more floor space.



The most expensive part of this redo was the kitchen island we got to use for cutting and pressing. I needed something sturdy and a little taller then the desks. 

I really had my heart set on the large island, but there just wasn't enough room for it, so we got the small version of it. 


I was able to keep the expidit shelf and it is currently filled with scrap fabric, sorted by type. 


My handsome groom setting up my sewing machine. ;) 


I do really like this set up much better then the old one. I actually feel like I can spread out and work on things without getting frustrated by my surroundings. 

I'm still working on hanging drapes and figuring out exactly how to use the closet space. Not sure if I want to add shelving or hang fabric from the racks.

I know I'll be getting some hanging baskets for the wall close to my machine, but those will come in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment