Saturday, September 26, 2015

Chain Link Quilt

  I came across this pattern in May/June issue of Quilty, and I knew I had to make it.  I love Quilty. It is one of my favorite quilting magazines. It always has some fun modern patterns, and patterns using precuts. 



The pattern is called Chain Link, by Jenn Nevitt. 
I fell in love with the clean lines and bright colors. 

Plus, it was a pattern I could use these bad boys for. 



Fun Kona solid jelly rolls! How cute are these?! Seriously, it was hard to open them to use them. But I had been holding onto them since Christmas and it was time they became a beautiful quilt. All I needed was the background fabric, and since I have been in a gray period lately, I went with gray.


More Kona solid, but in a medium gray.


Look at this lovely rainbow of fabric!! 60 different colors, ready to be sewn.

This quilt was very easy and came together very well. I enjoyed every minute of it. I haven't quilted it yet. Only the top is finished. I haven't decided how I want to quilt it yet, or what I want to do for the backing.


Finished quilt top! I think this is my new favorite. It also came out larger then I was envisioning. I don't know why I thought it would be smaller. It covers my queen bed, but not a lot of overhang. 

Now, to stress about the quilting.....;)




No comments:

Post a Comment