Thursday, August 20, 2015

Bootiful Placemats and Tablerunner

I know, it's only August, but I couldn't help myself. I needed a simple project to get keep the sewing mojo going and I just fell in love with these Halloween fabrics. 
I decided to make some placemats and a table runner. 


(yes, that is the awesome farmhouse table my hubby made:))

I bought 9 different fat quarters and a yard of gray fabric for the backs. I didn't have enough backing fabric for the table runner, so I had to dig into my stash for that. Good thing I'm in a gray period, cuz I just happen to have more gray. :) 


I did some simple stack and slashing on the fabrics and made these in a quilt as you go technique. 

This is the first time I have done quilt as you go. I found it to be very easy for this type of project. It brought the whole thing together at one time. Instead of having to piece the tops and then quilt it all together. 

On a side note, these were so much fun and so very festive, I think I will make themed placemats for every month of the year. That is, if I don't get distracted.. LOL that happens a lot.  I'll keep you all posted on the progress of that endeavor. :)

2 comments: