Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Art Quilt Progress

I showed you a while back that I was working on my first art quilt. Well, I've finally got some more progress to show. I'm so excited!! I'm having such a blast with this project. I love the "in the moment" style of creating and this is no exception. 

Here, I'm playing with the layout of the circles. I used steam a seam to fuse the circles to the background fabric.


And now, we have some couching!! I totally love this technique!! Using my sewing machine to add yarns and ribbons is a blast! And super easy to! 


This is the current state of the project. I've added more yarns and several different decorative and satin stitches.
It still needs more, but I'm giving it a few days so I can have a fresh look at it. I could just keep adding stitches and yarns, but if I don't give it a break, I'll end up adding way more then I should.


A huge thank you goes out to Cindy, for helping me push thru my creative rut and showing me the techniques I needed to work on this project. :)

Now, I must get back to work on my sewing studio...oh, I didn't tell you? I have my own sewing room now, and I've been working on refreshing, painting and organizing it. It's a 10x10 room with 3 large windows, so it's been a bit of a challenge. But, where there is a will, there is a way.  I'll have pictures to share soon, I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment