Saturday, March 7, 2015

April Showers Guest Book and Favors

I love coming up with new ways to do a guest book. Although the fingerprint idea has been used before, I've never seen it done like this. 
I wanted to make something they could display in the nursery instead of something that would get put in the closet and forgotten about. I knew the colors for her nursery were different shades of purple, so I made the flowers to match. I used foam board for the base, added the fabric flowers and then different ribbons for grass. 

The cloud pillow was made from the same fabric I made her wedding garters out of, so it was a gentle nod to their wedding. :) I added clear buttons to give it more dimension. At the shower, everyone added a fingerprint raindrop. It looked so neat with all the little fingerprints.

 You can see some of the fingerprints here.


These are the easiest favors! They were so fun and adorable! Found the little pails and rubber ducks online, and the seed packets and grass at wal-mart. We had 3 different colored pails and all the ducks were spring themed. I added the ribbon and a flower to each pail, just to make them more fun.


Here, we can see the other favor...the little flower hair clip. I had a basket full of them, for guests to add to their hair. Again, super cheap online.
(My grandmother and my daughter) 


These projects were fun to make and supplies were easy to find as it was getting close to Easter. I got all my online supplies from oriental trading company.
Check back tomorrow to see the the gift I gave the mom to be. Seriously. It's totally worth it. A shower gift to beat all shower gifts. Hint...it has 445 diapers...;)

No comments:

Post a Comment