Saturday, February 21, 2015

Puff Quilt

     Here is the fun and modern puff quilt I made for Jenn's new bundle of joy. This is also my first go at a puff quilt. It was a little harder then I expected it to be. Making all the little pillows was easy and fun, but trying to run the rows through my sewing machine was a battle. I think I filled all the little pillows a little to full. If, and that's a big if, I make another puff quilt, I will use less fluff in each square. Once I got the squares together, I sandwiched it with a very thin batting and a fun lime green backing fabric. To stitch it all together, I just did a stitch in the ditch down each row. That was the hardest part of the whole quilt. I had to get my husband to help me feed it through my sewing machine, and even then, my arms were killing me afterwards. To finish it, I bound the edges with more of the green polka dot fabric and it was done.
   
     I do love how it turned out. I love the pink and green color palette, which matches the nursery so well. Of course, a quilt like this should never be given to a newborn, but instead displayed on the wall or draped over a chair. However, when sweet Chrystina is old enough, I know it will be a comfy cozy quilt for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment