Friday, February 20, 2015

Mad Hatter Baby Shower

This amazing lady welcomed a sweet baby girl in September. I couldn't be happier for her! She is one of my closest friends, and I wanted to do something awesome for her. Along with a few of her other awesomely creative friends, we threw her a fun and laid back baby shower. See, Jenn isn't into lots of fluff and games and stuff, so we kept it pretty relaxed. We did a Mad Hatter theme which led to this super fun diaper bouquet.
 Who knew you could make flowers from diapers! Ha Ha! So fun and so cute! She loved it....until she had to take it all apart to use the diapers. ;)

I found a tutorial on youtube and modified it just a bit. The video said to use those foam balls you get in a craft store. I found something that worked just as well and was a lot cheaper. Plastic practice golf balls. You can find them in the sporting good section of Wal-Mart. I think they were less then $2 for 12 or so. Hot glue the balls to different lengths of wooden sticks. The wrap a wash cloth around the ball end, using rubber bands to secure it. Roll the ends of the diapers to make it petal shaped and secure with rubber bands. Take five diapers petals and surround the ball end, secure with more rubber bands. As you can see, I added eyes to the flowers to go along with the Mad Hatter theme.

                        The AMAZING fruit display made by Lois!! The little signs say "eat me".
                                     
                                           The super cute cupcakes and cake done by Jan. :)

                                                     
                                                              Fans done by Lois!

                                          Lois and Jenn. Yes, I made her wear a blue tutu. :)
 One of my favorite elements of the shower was the guest book, which of course I forgot to take a picture of. I found an Alice in Wonderland book printed the year Jenn was born and everyone signed and put their well wishes in it. Jenn has a love of old books and I knew she would love it.

All in all, it was a wonderful baby shower and everyone had a great time. I loved working with such amazing and creative ladies to make it special for one of our dearest friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment