Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Round Robin Project 2

Remember the round robin project? Yea!! Very urban and fun to make. Seriously, an amazing class to help you think outside your creative box! I loved every minute of it! 
The second part of the class was to add strings, ribbon, bits of fabric, and well, whatever you wanted. Then, you put a piece of tulle over it and sew it all down. Another very fun class and I really enjoyed the freedom it allowed. I was having so much fun that I over did it....

Yea...big time over did it. 


As you can see, I added so much that I totally covered all the awesome painting. I realized I didn't like it. It's to dark and just to messy. So, I decided to take some time away from it to work on other projects. I needed time to figure out what to do with it. 

I decided it needed to be slashed... so I slashed it. 
(sometimes being destructive is fun)


I slashed away parts of the top, revealing the paining underneath. I also made a huge mess on the floor in my sewing room. LOL 
I like it much better now, but it's still missing something. Not sure what. This is a piece I plan on hanging in my living room, so I want it to be something I love. Even if that never happens, I still loved the process and hope to continue creating in that manner.


No comments:

Post a Comment