Monday, March 2, 2015

Love Letters Batik Quilt

This lovely quilt was made for my mom. I knew as soon as I got the fabric, Love Letter jelly roll, it was going to be for her. I knew she would just love the colors. I was right. That woman tried to steal the fabric before I ever made this quilt. hahaha Silly lady. Little did she know. 
Anyway, I had a plan to make this a queen size quilt, but adding borders the the edges of it, just wasn't working for me. It just didn't look right. So, after sitting for a year, in my unfinished projects pile, I decided to cut off all the borders and just keep it to the original lap quilt size. 


I gave this to my mom for Mothers Day and she just swooned over it. The best part was, she asked me who quilted it. Made me feel so good. I quilted it. Free motion and all. She thought I sent it out to be quilted. Meaning, she thought someone who is good enough to get paid to do it, did it. LOL It's a silly thing, but it made me feel so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment