Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Quilt That Wasn't

These started off as a quilt...it was going to be a pretty awesome quilt too. However, I didn't plan ahead and purchase enough of the background fabric, and when I went back to get more, they were out. I didn't feel like buying it online and waiting, so I just turned them into placemats. This was all my first, successful go at free motion quilting. Let me tell ya, free motion quilting is a different beast. Is it hard? No. Is it easy? No. It takes practice....and patience..lots of both. These are things I don't possess much of. I had to slow down and relax. Once I did, it all started to flow. So, if you have never tried free motion quilting, don't be discouraged when it doesn't come out perfect the first time. Practice, and I promise, it does get better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment