Friday, February 27, 2015

Candy Land Bridal Shower Games!

What's a bridal shower with out some games and activities? Gotta have some, and in true Jen fashion, I had to think outside the box a little. Everyone has played the purse game, or How well do you know the bride. These games had to be special, fun and most importantly, candy themed!

We played a fun candy wedding game while the bride opened gifts. Basically, the way it works is, you name something, like bridesmaids or groomsmen, or even engagement ring or in-laws, and the guests have to figure out what candy goes with it. I passed the bucket of candy around so that everyone could get a good look at them. Then, between every other gift, we asked a question and the guests would shout out their answers. This was fun since there were so many gifts and watching someone open gift after gift can get kinda boring after a while. This game kept everyone interested, and each winner got the corresponding candy. I found the template online somewhere. LOL
This is the bucket of candy.


Like I said, I wanted to do bridal shower games with a candy twist. We had a lot of fun playing the classic toilet paper bridal gown game, but instead of toilet paper, we used colorful paper streamers. this game is super silly, but always a hit! The guests and the bride-to-be loved the colorful twist.


Even my grandma got in on the action! She was a lovely candy bride!


The bride-to-be with the winner! 
(This is also the only pic of her that shows the apron I made her.)



By far, the biggest hit of the shower was the Candy Panty activity! I had this planned for months, and it is something I came up with to surprise my sister. On the invite, I asked everyone to bring a pair of unwrapped panties. Once at the shower, they took the panties, wrote a little note to the bride, and rolled them into a toilet paper roll. Then wrapped them with tissue paper, and added a "use by" date sticker. This also doubled as a guestbook, as the bride could put all the well wishes and advice in an album once she opened all the panties.

These are the panties my daughter got for her Aunt Katie. 

Guests making Panty Candy!

Basket fully of panty treats! We gave this to the bride at the end of her gift opening. She loved it! We had her pull a few of them for some door prizes. 

My plan for these was to be a gift she could open all through her first year of marriage. That was the reason behind the dates. LOL But my sister couldn't handle these brightly colored beauties for that long and had to open them all the next day. Hahahaha. Not that I can blame her. I would have done the same thing.

All in all, the shower was a huge success. A wonderful time was had by all and I know my sister loved every minute of it. I was so lucky to have the help of her new family and our own. This couldn't have been possible without them. Also, a huge shout out to my super amazing friend Karl for enduring the bridal craziness and taking such awesome pictures!! Most of the photos I have shared were taken by him. I appreciate more then he'll ever know







No comments:

Post a Comment