Sunday, October 18, 2009

It all started with a cookbook...

Shortbread Cookies with an Orange Glaze. Yummy.
Baked Rice Pudding. Jason's favorite. I've only ever made it stove top before. I like it baked. Much easier and less stirring.

Apple Strudel Muffins
I have been a baking fiend for almost a week, making these delicious morsels, plus banana bread and oatmeal peanut butter cookies.
Instead of putting my creative juices to good use, (like making Jessica's Halloween costume or finishing my cool Halloween house) I have been in the kitchen...baking. Now, this may not seem odd to most people, but for me, it's crazy and stupid. The crazy part is, I'm not that into baking.. well at least, I wasn't. Plus, the holiday season is right around the corner and I know I will be baking myself into a floury, sugary mess. More importantly (and here is the stupid part), I have been on a very strict diet that does not include any of these sweet treats. Nor can I have them for at least 3 more weeks. So tell me, why would I torture myself this way? I manage to lose 20lbs and this is how I celebrate? Okay, so I'm a little sick in the head.
This all started because I was browsing through one of my cookbooks. There were so many yummy recipes, I just couldn't stop...until I ran out of eggs. But that is why I made the Shortbread cookies.. they don't call for eggs. :)

2 comments:

  1. what a tease!! it all looks good! idk how u dont eat it all! ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't post all these yummy food photos and not give us the recipes! The same goes for your food blog!!!

    Great art too. . . love the bag and the chocolate cake. . .

    ReplyDelete